Everyone wants to have a flat belly, but achieving it isn’t quite as easy as dreaming of it. Because it can be tough to lose the extra love handles, lots of people find themselves throwing in the towel before they even see any results. Luckily, there are some things you can do that will help blast away those flabs quick and easy. Wondering how to burn belly fat? These 6 effective methods should put you on the right track.
- Eat Enough – Contrary to popular belief, starving yourself won’t help you lose belly fat. That’s because depriving your body of food now will make you more prone to binge-eating later, which can double up the recommended daily intake in seconds. Instead of eating three meals, divide your food to create five smaller meals. Drop your spoon when you feel satisfied, and avoid reaching the point of being too full.
- Avoid Salty Food – Salty food will make your body retain more water. In effect, this will make you feel bloated and swollen. Be sure to watch your sodium intake and always go for low-salt options to encourage your body to let go of excess fluid.
- Drink More Water – According to research, drinking cold water can increase the resting metabolic rate by up to 50 calories. This is because the body needs to work overtime in order to bring the cold water to ideal temperatures. By drinking at least 6 cups of cold water a day, you can increase your metabolism and burn more calories than you would otherwise – even while you’re at rest.
- Get Enough Cardio – Cardio exercises target all the different parts of your body because they’re not muscle-focused activities. By performing at least 30 minutes of cardio a day, you can burn fat in all the different parts of your body for an overall lean look. The best cardio workouts to try? Running, swimming, and even jump rope prove to be excellent choices.
- Try a Waist Trainer – Used by lots of celebrities and personalities, the waist trainer is fast becoming one of the best ways to decrease a fluffy waist line. Although they can be uncomfortable at times, waist trainers can bring about major changes in just a few months time.
- Take More Protein – Protein-rich food can make you feel fuller for much longer, so you won’t have to keep grabbing extra bites in between meals. Indulging in food like chicken breast, fish, and soy will have you feeling satisfied throughout the day, preventing you from gobbling up any extra calories that could squander your efforts.
There’s no need to try to hide or get used to your belly. Keep these tips in mind the next time you consider your belly busting strategy, and be ready to watch your waist get trimmed down!